Monday, October 8, 2012

Oh, the many hats I wear.

Like most mothers, on any given day I may wear more hats than Dr. Seuss's famous character Bartholomew Cubbins. 

But being a good Fashionista, I have my wardrobe staples. The hats I wear most often are the strong and dependable parent, the faithful and understanding wife, the creative writer, the compassionate friend and scholarly disability service advocate.

However recently, I was given yet another hat to manage, although it is going to take some getting use to, I now don upon my head the hat of Nonnina (Italian for Little Grandmother).

With this new title and fun-loving hat comes great responsibility. The first of which is to host a baby shower to welcome the families new arrival. 

I've decided on a sea life themed shower because the babies room will be decorated in sea creatures.  It's been difficult to find "under the sea" items but they are out there if you look hard enough and don't fear spending a small fortune.

Although party planning is not my forte, I have spent a multitude of hours searching out ocean themed foods and these are only some of the dishes guests of our modern co-ed shower can expect to be served  on Sunday October 21st.



Baby In A Blanket


Pearly Bites  - Clam Cookies


Beach Ball Fruit Platter


Jello Ocean Fish


The Chip Dip


Rubber Duckie Punch


Star Fish Cookies


Star Fish Peanut Butter Fudge


Cucumber Whale for the Veggie Trays


Crabby Apples


Eel shaped Pizza

Other foods that can't be changed to suit our under sea party,  like meatballs and spaghetti salad, will be served in beach pails with shovels (Similar to below). I think it's going to be really cute.



So if you have been wondering where I am or what I'm doing, This is how I have been spending my time. I'm very excited to begin my hunt for undersea decorations now. My daughter and I tried making anemones using a DIY site but instead of using a clear plastic cup and a candle to make the cute sea creatures below



We made A Kitchen Fire ...... DOH!

No comments:

Post a Comment