Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life As I Know It !

As you may or may not have noticed I've had a bit of trouble posting up my responses to the Daily Writing Prompts.  However I am very excited to announce that I have now completed them all and I am back on track. Whoot Whoot!

Hurricane / Tropical Storm Debby hit the Florida coast the weekend of June 23- 24 causing  tornado's, sinkholes, flooding and power outages in my town and surrounding areas. I'd Like to share some of those pictures with you.


This is a photo of a rescue made by those
two teenage boys of the elderly man.
They helped him escape the home
you see behind them.
This is why they tell you to stay put and not
to drive around in a storm to look at the
damage. You never know where a sinkhole
might open up.

This is one of the main streets in my town
 Mariner Blvd. It is currently still closed
due to unstable ground activity.


The flood waters are receding and life is getting back to normal, but there are still a lot of people who are homeless due to the fact that they can not return to their flooded and/or  damaged homes.   There are 8-12 predicted Hurricanes due to hit Florida in the 2012 season, Debby was just the first, looks like were in for a wild ride this year.


Visit Florida the experience will
Blow you away!


But that's not the only reason things have been a bit Chaotic in my household.

My office has been taken over by "Alien Intruders."  

My daughter and her family are staying with us while they search for their new home in Clearwater. They have brought with them all the necessities you need for a baby and a toddler and so it's standing room only in my office and there are times I just can't make it to my desk.

Speaking of Aliens, we are anxiously awaiting the determination of whether the new addition to our family will be a Neveah Jade or an Aiden Liam.  

Neveah Jade  or Aiden Liam

So like I said, there have been a number of developments that have kept me from my time with you and writing and while I try to be prompt with the prompts *grin* it's going to be rough seas around here throughout July and August. Especially with me preparing for Camp NaNaWriMo this August. 

I'm still excited 50,000 words in one month ! 

It gives me Goose Bumps...
like a horror story I can't put down!

No comments:

Post a Comment