Sunday, June 17, 2012

Continuations - DWP From 6-13-12

Today was another continuations prompt, with Mulitple Authors.

(Marc)

The shadows are creeping closer. I shrink away from their touch but there is no escaping their relentless pursuit, their gloomy grip. Day is stepping aside and night is eager to assume control once more.

Life becomes simpler now, more focused. I suppose I should be grateful for that. The many complications and decisions that call for my attention during daylight hours melt away, leaving me with a single thought, a solitary purpose.

Survive until dawn.

(Greg)


I sit down in the high-backed armchair and let the shadows fold around me. Everything is so quiet that I can hear the pulsing of the blood in my ears, and my heart thumps along in my chest, thankfully in time with it. And then, just as I'm starting to lose alertness and sleep is creeping up on me, there's a high-pitched cry in the distance and I jerk forward, awake and on edge.

Footsteps, light and fast. They're coming towards my house, but will they go past? I lean further forward still, straining to hear more detail, hoping to hear them run on by.

"This one! We've not done this one yet!"

I shudder at the sound of those horrible high-pitched voices, and then start again as I see the orange glows bobbing around outside.

"BANG!" Something – someone – hammers on the door.

"Trick or treat!"

(Morrigan)

I had thought turning the lights out and hiding in the utter blackness of the house would deter the greedy little heathens from venturing up my driveway and demanding sweets.

Yet as I tore open the door I saw the little bundles of energy, screeching and carrying on, high on the nights haul. Dressed as flesh eating zombies, blood sucking vampires and sickeningly cute puppies and kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment