Sunday, June 17, 2012

Darn it. You've done it again - DWP From 6-14-12

"Darn it Krystin, you've done it again!"

It's impossible for one person to save the world. I know this, yet again and again I open my heart and my home to all the neighborhood strays.

I held my head in my hands as I considered my options.

There are times when there is just enough to food to feed the mouths that already reside here.

Yet, I wouldn't be the person I am if I turned my back on a creature in need, leaving it homeless and without the necessary provisions.

Would my husband forgive me? I promised him just yesterday it would be the last time. Yet I'd already found another young sole that needed saving.

I'd reacted to the situation without regard to the consequences. It was too late now and truth be told I don't feel the least bit sorry. I smiled in spite of myself.

"Philip, welcome to Scott Farm. You'll bunk with Casey and Keith. Everyone here pulls their own weight, They'll show you the ropes. Breakfasts and 7:00am Dinners at 6:00pm. Don't be late."

No comments:

Post a Comment