Thursday, February 23, 2012

DWP - Prompt : The Bet

“Selena, were going to play the cookie game. Here are the cards; it’s your turn to deal”.

“Okay Sabrina. Let’s see, that’s one card for you and one card for me. Then I flip one card over for you and flip one card over for me. Is that right Dad?”

“Yes Selena, that’s right. Now look at your cards. Remember you want to be as close to 21 as you can without going over. Picture cards are worth 10 and an ace can be used as 1 or 11. Ready?”

“Yes.” Both girls say simultaneously.

“Alright. Place your bets!”

“I bet one sugar cookie.” Sabrina says.

“Hum, okay Sabrina I’ll see your sugar cookie and raise you a chocolate chip.”

“Okay I’ll see your chocolate ……”

The front door opens. “It’s just me, I forgot my coupons.” Mom shouts from the foyer.

“Game over.” Dad whispers “Hurry up and eat the evidence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment