Monday, March 19, 2012

DWP - Prompt : The After Life (Prose ) (From 3/17/12)

Zendaya followed Brazil inside the small Gypsy caravan. She looked around the tiny space taking notice of the colorful tapestries that adorned the red velvet walls. The hanged man appeared in one, the devil in another, but not all were so sinister. Images of the sun, the moon, and the symbols of cups, wands, swords and pentacles were also present.

Taking the seat nearest the door Zendaya nervously asks, "Okay we're here. So now are you going to tell me why drug me all the way down to Jersey shore?"

Brazil sighed. "Mr. Watson my Philosophy teacher says those who do not learn from their history are doomed to repeat it. He says that means that we get opportunities to learn from our mistakes. Then when we're presented with the same problem over again we can make a better decision. So I am going to ask Madame Gabrielle about my past. We're here for a lesson in history," Brazil says excitedly.

Bewildered Zendaya says, "So let me get this straight, you drug me on a 30 minute bus ride to Jersey so you could have a carnival fortune teller tutor you in history? Are you freaking nuts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment