Thursday, May 24, 2012

Imprisoned - DWP From 5-23-12 - Camp NaNoWriMo


I had thought it was a good idea when I received the email.  Its subject was seemingly innocent. “Come to camp” was all that it had said. If truth be told, I was thrilled just to receive the invitation.  Without hesitation I registered for August and agreed to the terms, 50,000 words in a single month.  I’ve never attempted anything so daring.  While my friends were discussing which manuscript draft they would be editing, I was struck by the sudden realization that I was not prepared. I have no story, no character, not even a single solitary idea that could support 50,000 words.   To top it off these kids won’t be at school, they’ll be here with me!  At this thought my mouth went dry and my throat began to close. Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead. I’m trapped, imprisoned by my own enthusiasm!

 But you know I’m great with deadlines; this may just work out to my advantage.


< >

If you decide to come to camp, please let me know what your Camp Name and Cabin Number are,
We could all use a bit of encouragement.  http://www.campnanowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment