Thursday, May 31, 2012

Kiersten White's Contest - Less than "super" creature encounters

Kiersten White author of Paranormalcy, Supernaturaly and Endlessly (which will be released in two months) posted an online contest earlier this week.  Unfortunately the contest  was closed upon my arrival but the concept was great.  In reading through the comments there were a lot of really funny and imaginative entries.  I really wanted to write my own, even though technically the contest was over and I figured that if I felt compelled to play her game, even though I was not going to get anything out of it, other than a few belly laughs,  then you might too.

SO,  this is what Kiersten wanted her readers to do :

I want you to tell me how a supernatural creature would disappoint you in reality.  [Explain] how a supernatural creature encounter would be light on the "super" part.

Kiersten was also kind enough to give us some examples:

Finally got a werewolf boyfriend, but he's so skinny he doesn't even rip out of his shirt when he shifts. Lame.

Met a super hot guy in science class who looked like he wanted to kill me. Turns out more Dexter than Edward. Typical.

Dating a fallen angel would be way easier if I didn't have that stupid down allergy. Hives? Not so romantic.

I went to Disneyland and met a pixie, and all I got were these vicious bite and claw marks.


This would have been my response, if I had arrived on time......

When I turned eighteen I traveled to the Scottish Highlands to attend magic school. I wasn’t there more than a day before I met Druesilla. I thought having a Cait Sith for a friend would be really cool, but it turns out she’s a real witch.


If you want to play along feel free to write your own. If I get a number of responses then I'll send a note over to Kiersten's blog and see if she'd like to visit and comment on your less-than-super creatures.

1 comment:

  1. I meet a wearwolf and we started dating but had to stop... I GOT FLEES EVERY SINGLE TIME I HUGGED HIM!!!! Sucks he was hot.

    ReplyDelete